Module 5: Health and Care System Advocacy
In Module 5, using a combination of theory and practice, SSOFT demonstrates how to gain an understanding of existing health and care systems, allowing the identification of where key decisions are happening and who is making them.
Through a better understanding of these systems Stroke Support Organisations (SSOs) can work with the key decision makers to advocate for improved stroke care, treatment and long-term support.
This can be achieved by using existing evidence and data, as well as the voices of stroke survivors.
- Francesca Romana Pezzella — ALICe, Italy
- Markus Wagner — Stiftung Deutsche Schlaganfall-Hilfe, Germany
- Jon Barrick – Stroke Alliance for Europe (SAFE)
- Monique Lindhout – Hersenletsel, Netherlands
- Adam Siger — Fundacja Udaru Mózgu, Poland
- Hrvoje Jurlina – HDPMU Croatian Stroke Society, Croatia
Special thanks to our partner organisation who contributed important content, images, case studies and data used in Module 5.
And all those who participated in the User Acceptance Testing