Module 4: Role of Patient Voice
In Module 4, using a combination of theory and practice, we the impact of the individual and collective patient voice. You will develop an understanding the role of the stroke patient and survivor in research and development of stroke guidelines. You will learn how to argue for patient involvement and rights in the context of regulatory, ethical and advisory processes.
- Stiftung Deutsche Schlaganfall-Hilfe (Dr Markus Wagner)
- Hellenic Alliance/Action for Stroke Support Organization (Dr Hariklia Proios)
- Macedonian Stroke Association (Dr Anita Arsovska & Dr. Maja Bozinovska Smiceska)
- Norsk forening for slagrammede (Ms Grethe Lund)
- Thessaloniki and Wiesbaden NRZ, Rehabilitation Center Germany (Dr Dimitris Artemis)
- Aristotle University, Greece (Dr Katerina Nicolaidis)
- Anagenissis Rehabilitation Center, Greece (Ms Eugenia Stamatiou)
Our members who have shared their experiences and knowledge in the video interviews used within the module:
- Chris Macey — The Irish Heart Foundation, R.Ireland
- Pnina Rosenzweig — Neeman Association for Stroke Survivors, Israel
- Markus Wagner — Stiftung Deutsche Schlaganfall-Hilfe, Germany
- Monique Lindhout – Hersenletsel, Netherlands
- Jon Barrick – Stroke Alliance for Europe (SAFE)
- Bjørn Magne Bakke — Norsk forening for slagrammede, Norway
Special thanks to our partner organisation who contributed important content; images, case studies and data used in Module 4.
We would also like to thank those who participated in the User Acceptance Testing.