Module 3: Use of Evidence
In Module 3, using a combination of theory and practice, we explore the basic knowledge of stroke and the language used within the medical setting, as well as the different types of evidence used within stroke research and health systems. You will develop an understanding how to use the different types of evidence to build and support your advocacy activities and communications. Furthermore look at how SSOs can generate their own evidence to advocate for positive change.
Module 3: Acknowledgements
SAFE would like to take this opportunity to thank and acknowledge the contributions made by those who have helped in the development of SSOFT and module 3.
- Stiftung Deutsche Schlaganfall-Hilfe (Dr Markus Wagner)
- Hellenic Alliance/Action for Stroke Support Organisation (Dr Hariklia Proios)
- Macedonian Stroke Association (Dr Anita Arsovska & Dr. Maja Bozinovska Smiceska)
- Norsk forening for slagrammede (Ms Grethe Lund)
- Thessaloniki and Wiesbaden NRZ, Rehabilitation Center Germany (Dr Dimitris Artemis)
- Aristotle University, Greece (Dr Katerina Nicolaidis)
- Anagenissis Rehabilitation Center, Greece (Ms Eugenia Stamatiou)
- Chris Macey — The Irish Heart Foundation, R.Ireland
- Pnina Rosenzweig — Neeman Association for Stroke Survivors, Israel
- Ove Puisto — STROKE-Riksförbundet, Sweden
- Markus Wagner — Stiftung Deutsche Schlaganfall-Hilfe, Germany
- Monique Lindhout – Hersenletsel, Netherlands
Special thanks to our partner organisation who contributed important content; images, case studies and data used in Module 3
We would also like to thank those who participated in the User Acceptance Testing.